So… A bit about me… This is harder for me than most may realize as I hate writing about myself. Seriously, I’ve referenced myself as “the incumbent” on my last three years’ self-reviews at work! Let’s start off by answering the question I’m most often asked…
“How do you say your last name?”
In short: It’s French in origin and sounds exactly as it’s spelled (Bolopue = ball-o-pew … yeah… still not completely happy with my mother for marrying a guy with that last name…)”.
Now that that’s out of the way…
I’ve always been a gadget, music, beer, bourbon, tech and A/V geek. Not always in that order, but the components are usually the same.
I love to tinker and get three knuckles deep into processes and the nuts and bolts of how things work.
I have strong opinions about a few things. Most of them center around the phrase “you do you”.
- Everybody has the right to love who they want.
- Everybody has the right to live how they want.
- Everybody has the potential to be what they want.
- If an opportunity is within someone’s means of attaining, they should be given the same level of access to it as everybody else regardless of how they opt to go about the first three items on this list. So long as their choices don’t negatively affect or harm others.
- In the aforementioned regards, a person’s pursuit of happiness shouldn’t interfere with their pursuit of success. I’ll worry about me. You do you. Hopefully we can all get along and make something great happen!
I’ve always thought along these lines, and at this point in life, I don’t foresee that changing.
Enough about that though…
I have a wonderful family consisting of my wife Lauren and our five fantastic children. At the end of May ’16, the kids’ will range in age from 4 to 13 years. All five are involved with dance, or Boy Scouts, or other sports, school etc. Thank God for my wife being as organized as she is. There’s no way we’d be able to keep the schedule we do if she weren’t!
Side note: Our shared Google Calendar is nothing short of insane…
I’ll start by writing exactly what’s on my Success Community Profile:
“I’ve always been the “geeky creative” type. Heavily involved with music, graphics, video editing, web site design etc. I first logged into SFDC back in November of 2011 and have been my company’s Admin ever since. I love learning and helping others when I can!
“If you can’t describe what you’re doing as a process, you don’t know what you’re doing.” ~ W. E. Deming”
I’m a solo admin for an org of approximately 230 Users. We have 33 Locations in the US, one in Mexico, one in Germany and two in the UK. While those are where the brick and mortar locations are, there’s an extensive remote Sales team that’s spread across the globe from South America to Eastern Asia.
Point being, I work from my basement. This, in and of itself can, at times, present challenges the likes of which I’ll probably write about sometime
Will write more later… lunch time’s over